I usually prepare tomato chutney. Whenever I make Aloo paratha or Khichdi I prepare a simple one by either blanching or roasting. But whenever there is some south Indian dish is in menu then I always go with tamatar, pyaz and nariyal; also called Onion-Tomato Chutney!
Makes for 2
Preparation Time: 5 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
Chana Dal-1 1/2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds-2 Tsp
Dry red chillies-3-4
Coconut-3/4 medium slices
Salt-As per taste
1. Cut the onion and tomato in quarter.
2. Heat a tbsp of oil in kadhai and fry onion, tomato, chilies, coconut and a tbsp of chana dal.
3. Transfer to a plate and let it cool for some time.
4. Grind the above with little water,coriander and salt to a fine paste.Transfer to a serving dish/bowl.
5. Now heat the remaining oil in a kadhai and add mustard seeds.Once it splutter add hing,curry leaves and remaining chana dal.Add this to the chutney.
5. Ready to serve with dosas and idlis.