06/08/2015

Wholewheat Coconut Cookies

I baked these in the evening since the day I have come across this recipe. What I liked about this recipe was the use of ghee, just 5 Tsps compared to others where we require at least a half cup of butter or ghee.Ghee was out of stock, hence took time for me to try my hands on.


Recipe: 
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar / brown sugar - grind it fine
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
5 tsp ghee melted
1/4 cup milk

Make a dough of all the above ingredients. Refrigerate the dough for 15 mins. In the mean time pre heat your oven and lightly grease your baking dish. Make equal size balls of the dough and flatten them a bit. Bake it at 180 in a preheated oven for 15 mins. Cool them off completely before u put them in an airtight container.

The only change I made in the above recipe is the use of 1/2 cup powdered copra since I didn't had dessicated coconut.






No comments:

Post a Comment